Inclusive Plug Episode 31: Exploring Energy Efficiency Frontiers in the Western Balkans
In Episode 31, we are joined by Dr. Risto Ivanov, a senior expert in managing EU and national projects in North Macedonia with extensive knowledge in energy-efficient construction and renovation. With his plethora of qualifications and hands-on experience, Risto guides us through an in-depth exploration of the energy landscape in the Western Balkans, from historical shifts to major policy shifts and future predictions.
Some of the questions explored:
- How has the Western Balkans’ approach to energy efficiency evolved over the years?
- What are the primary sources of power in the Western Balkan countries?
- What are the major challenges and governmental initiatives in promoting energy efficiency in the region?
- How do energy prices and the broader economic landscape impact energy decisions in the region?
- Is there a grassroots push towards sustainability and how do local businesses view energy efficiency?
- How is the EU Green Deal shaping the energy approach of the Western Balkans?
- Will the Western Balkans achieve carbon neutrality by 2050?